Emmys:What Other Shows Should Take A Hint From Two And A Half Men.
According to TVline.com Two And A Half Men eighth season wont be competing for best comedy series for the Emmy awards 2011 due to much controversy off the screen caused by none other than Charlie Sheen. A move I respect.
this makes me think of all the shows that should bow out of the competition in the spirit artistic integrity and leave the floor for more worthy others.
1. Glee best comedy series category : because it will win, I will understand if it wins a GRAMMY but NOT an EMMY. This season has been lacking in every imaginable way. The producers should have some decency and pull the show out until they are able to do better.
2. Grey’s Anatomy best drama series: why? because it has had its time and now it is time to move on. In comparison to other shows Grey’s anatomy falls short in repeated storylines and unprofessional emotional turmoil. It probably wont get nominated but if it is it should respectfully decline.
As for shows that should be granted a spot in the running, there are many shows that have been ignored and others that are new and need a chance
1. The Killing best drama series and best new drama series: This show has proven solid in both story and cast, it has a strong presence and heart-wrenching reality to it, it’s a hell of a good story.
2. Justified best drama series: This show has got to be one of the best shows I discovered this year, it delivered two strong seasons and deserves an Emmy nod.
Other shows need a win and deserve it, they earned the right to be guaranteed a win this year .
1. Community best actor,best comedy series,best writing,best supporting actor,best cast: you may say I am bias and I am but also the show speaks for itself, this season has been fearless pushing the limits of comedy further and further.It deserves at least a win for the amazing cast and crew who pulled off a stellar season. It’s definitely my pick.
2. Parks and Recreation best comedy series : for three seasons this show excelled beyond expected. It deserves a win too, the writing and acting has delivered on every imaginable level.
Posted on May 30, 2011, in Pop culture, TV and tagged comedy, community, compete, emmy awards 2011, Emmys, Glee, Grey's anatomy, parks and recreation, the killing, tv, two and a half men, winning. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.