Monthly Archives: June 2011
TVLine has announced that Patrick Dempsey ,who plays Dr.Derek Shepherd on the ABC Grey’s Anatomy, will only return for one more season. This year had some pretty game changing exists, In this time of political uprising it only seems fitting I guess .
In the light of these exists one can only remember some of the traumatic exists that left us shattered and other exists that were more than welcome.
1. Izzy Stevens Grey’s Anatomy : before leaving the show there was a lot of controversy concerning Katherine Heigl and it seemed that Heigl has grew tierd of the character and wanted to pursue a more focused career in movies. Her exit was disgraceful as a character Izzy, leaves her husband after getting laid off from the hospital abandons her friends even though Meredith begs her not to. I still miss her on the show and say what you will but Shonda Rhimes is a master in making you love a character and hate a character.
2. Charlie Harper Two And A half Men : this exist was after a long fight between the series creator Chuck Lorre and actor Charlie Sheen that ended in one of the most humiliating exist from TV when sheen was fired and replaced with Ashton Kutcher, many people will tune in for a first look at the season 9 premiere to check out how the show is going to continue without Sheen but how many will tune in after that ?
3.Vanessa Abrams Gossip Girl : you might argue that this character ,played by Jessica Szohr, is not exactly a game changing exist but for this viewer it is. This character was “a stain on every one of my good episodes” of gossip girl. I am so glad she is gone.
4. George O’malley Grey’s Anatomy: we watched this character,played by T. R. Knight, dwindle before our eyes getting less and less screen time until he got one of the most heart-wrenching traumatic exists I know. I still cry when I watch this episode in anticipation that at the end George will die horribly,brutally and barely recognizable .
5. Jenna Sommers Vampire Diaries: one of the beloved TVD characters was sacrificed at an alter (note to writers:What the hell guys?!!). Just when we were getting more and more interested in aunt Jenna played by Sara Canning, this character has been the only family for orphaned Elena and Jeremy and now we are left wondering who will be their guardian and how will they cope with a new shadow living in their house.
6.Ritta Bennette Morgan Dexter: This character’s exist turned out to be a life changing experience for our beloved serial killer Dexter Morgan. The character played by Julie Benz has provided some stability for the otherwise blood thirsty serial killer. We watched the outcome of her loss last season when Dexter for once wanted to help someone just because he can.
7. Michael Scott The Office : An exit that left most wondering will we watch? granted that the office is not lacking in talented comedians and writers but Steve Carell was the star of the show, his character Michael Scott is why people tuned in every week. This exist leaves 2 burning questions: Who will replace Steve Carell and will people watch once that happens?
8.Dr. Gil Grissom CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: the chrarater played by William Petersen engaged and entertained for years then comes the shocking news that Petersen is calling it quits to leave us wondering what will happen? hopefully it worked out fine.
If I had things my way I’ll keep all actors where they belong, but life and TV move on, as for Patrick Dempsey’s departure I have only one wish, I hope this is the last season for Grey’s Anatomy because though I love the show (despite of it all I stay loyal I can’t help it ). It is time to call it quits. As for Ellen Pompeo’s possible departure I hope she leaves too for the sake of the story and I pray to see both actors in other shows.