Community Season 3: Greendale post paintball
Before I deliver what the title promised let me just state how ridiculous and unbelievably moronic it is that Community did not get a single Emmy nomination and as I was ranting on twitter a calming message came to me from Danny Pudi calming me down and showing me that a “trophy’ is not what the show is about . I am as many Community fans was pissed but I am over it.
As season 3 of the NBC hit Community is set to primer September 22nd spoilers are surfacing and I’ve been cyber stalking the writers and the series creator Dan Harmon for clues so here’s what I know so far :
1. the study group will take biology together and this choice of class was not random, as Harmon explains in his interview to the Hollywood Reporter the first season was about the group communicating hence the class Spanish as in learning how to talk to strangers. The second season was Anthropology,the study of man, where the group learns to understand and love each other as human beings. For season 3 now that the study group is a family they will tackle the rawness and reality of life which is why having The Wire‘s Michael K. Williams as their biology professor ( who is set to star in 3 episodes so far) is a stroke of genius. Michael K. Williams’s character is described as “a very intense person” who obviously will bring reality check to the group …I’m thinking especially for idealistic Annie,vain Jeff and a pretentious Britta.
2. Dan promises that as in every four chapter story this will be a dark chapter in the lives of the study group . This will be the chapter the group grows and develops the most. My guess is that this season will be more grounded and heart-felt than the previous one. Season 2 was about experimentation and season 3 will be about understanding what those experiences mean. I think season 3 where the group’s life long questions of who they are in the world and the meaning of their lives will be put to the test growing into a stronger group that we can see hanging out together beyond season 4 (Graduation season).
3. Jeff will suffer the most in season 3, his nonchalant cool attitude will be put to the test. Jeff Winger who unwillingly fell in love with his study group will be hassled the most as Dan Harmon describes it.
4. After taking City Collage down Dean Pelton ,played by series regular Jim Rash, have a new nemesis. Played by John Goodman as the never before seen Vice Dean of Greendale’s school of air conditioning repair which as it appears the only pride of Greendale aside from their flamboyant basketball team.
5. As promised Ben Chang Ken Jong’s character will have more authority in season 3 to better employ his comedic talent. Chang will be Greendale’s security guard so expect him to be everywhere and in everybody’s face. Of course expect security on campus to be very low when Chang is in charge so the “ass-crack bandit’ has nothing to fear .
6. Special episodes so far : A Hollween special episode (maybe a haunted house episode?!) and another episode with multiple time lines. (Jeff and Annie in bed with Abed in the middle, how they got there ? the group passed out in the desert? …. till that episode comes we are allowed to dream people!)
7. Pierce is not leaving the group, all of this will be resolved quickly and season 3 will redeem Pierce to the group and show us why we should hang out with him.
8. Expect to see the group’s adventures take them more and more off campus.
9. Gut feeling : we will be getting to know the study group’s family. maybe Jeff’s dad and hopefully mom, Annie’s estranged parents, Britta’s rich over bearing father and Troy’s racist dad.
That’s all folks a result of article reading and cyber stalking you’ll find it all scattered all over the web but here it is all neat and ready for you to read ….Enjoy and remember Community season 2 DVD out September 6th.