Category Archives: Pop culture
The only reason i watch Ringer is the amazing cast, the minute I saw who was in it I was sold as a fan of basically all actors who picture pops up after the tiresome monologue that is the beginning right where the tantantan sound comes up. I gave this show many chances and the only thing I can honestly say after tuning in every week for 19 episodes is this show is lazy. As a show based entirely on lies and deceit a subject matter that is exciting in its own right drops the ball when it comes to interesting storytelling. It feels as if the writer got bored half way through the show and just gave up. Every chance of an interesting story was destroyed by fear.In a time of great TV being too scared of killing off a character (such as Malcolm Ward) ,or the excruciating killing of another (Gimma) that gets stalled over many attempts just forces people to switch channels no matter how many times they remind themselves this is Buffy on TV and we all owe her loyalty for her years in serving our teenage fantasies.
This episode is no different and it really ticked me off,the promo really over sold this episode,we are teased with a confrontation between the twins that turns out to be a fantasy of siobhan’s wishful thinking (the fact that there is no difference between the two what so ever really bothers me) not to forget the ridiculous course of events that leads Bridget lying on a mattress in The Bronx faking her own death with a blood bag…yeah I know!
I hated this week’s installment and I can’t forgive the bad writing because i see potential in this show if managed by new writers and absurd loose ends tied or better yet buried deep.I will keep watching to see where things end but I really hope this show doesn’t get renewed so we can see these good actors put to better use on other shows.
This is a “watch or else” kind of situation….We finally have some Community back in our lives and there is no good reason not to watch.Community’s 12th episode comes to your TV (that should be open to NBC even if you are out of the house) at 8/7c.The story is: As the study group returns after winter break, Jeff (Joel McHale) reveals that he’s been seeing a shrink and taking anti-anxiety medication. The newfound confidence leads him to experience debilitating levels of narcissism(if you can imagine a more narcissistic Jeff) , which Britta (Gillian Jacobs) tries to help him manage. Meanwhile, over the break, Abed (Danny Pudi) developed a celebrity impersonator habit that has saddled him with debt. In order to help Abed shed his debt, the study group puts on costumes and goes to work for Vincent (French Stewart) as celebrity impersonators – appearing in character at a Bar Mitzvah celebration.
Not that it is needed but i will give you great reasons to watch tonight’s episode instead of whatever is on TV in that God-forsaken hour
no more reasons should be listed…..This will be on your TV…
2. Britta (Gillian Jacobs) will do a Michael Jackson impression and I bet you she will “britta it”
3. French Stewart (Harry Solomon in 30 rock from the sun) will be guest starring .
4. Many costumes will be involved as the gang impersonate celebrities in a bat mitzvah .
5.The most amazing reaction to anything on TV: Dean Pelton’s (Academy award Winner Jim Rash) reaction to Jeff’s new hot and confident look. A must see,trust me.
I thought of posting the minute I heard the news but I couldn’t. NBC’s decision to bench Community and not include it in it’s mid season was tragic.It is in its core a business decision, Community does not have the ratings the network needs but that does not mean people are not watching Community. Community’s audience is mainly young viewers who watch it on Hulu,Netflix and itunes which are not included when the nelson ratings are calculated. Nothing has been set in stone yet NBC did not release a return date for Community but it is probably coming back in the spring maybe sometime in March which for me is an unbearable amount time to wait. The internet is going crazy with this new and if it has any indication it indicates how many fans Community has and even though I am reading those fans (including me) are being called annoying for loving the show TOO MUCH. well, there isn’t too much of love let me tell you that but the fans are so dedicated to the show for a reason, the show takes you into its private world, it is hard to watch Community and not get addicted and attached because of how much attention the show pays to both the joke and the story. this is a show that has a lot of heart, it feels like those people are your family in a world of your own creation. I did not like Community when I first watched it because I did not know any of the actors other than Alison Brie and of course Chevy Chase and i did not finish the pilot because I was watching it while i was attending to a family commitment and escaped to my bedroom to watch it, but a while later I got back to it and watched the first season with appetite,then went back and re watched it. to this day i watch an episode of Community daily and every time I enjoy it more.
there must be people who are O.K about Community, you might not be as crazy as I am about it but is it possible you will allow it fade into TV oblivion? Community is not the type of show the coddles the audience and spells every single details for them, it respects its audience intelligence and even if you are not a TV nerd and you don’t understand some refrences that are made you will still laugh ate the joke because it works on both levels. The cast and crew are committed into making this show their pride work and when watching it you feel that energy and love that the cast and crew has for it’s own show.
I’ve been reading some terrifying and reassuring predictions on the internet, some think show will air it’s 22 episodes then go under, other predict that the show will be dropped by NBC and be picked up by another network or even it’ll go on cable. Some are reassuring themselves with the theory that NBC is benching Community to give Whitney a chance and if it tanks Community will be aired on Wednesdays in a more friendly time slot (it airs 8 pm on a Thursday and competes with The Big Bang Theory,the X Factor and The Vampire Diaries) which is a theory I am good with because Community needs to get away from The Big Bang Theory.
I really hope this is not the beginning of the end for Community because it does not deserve it, it is different from what TV has to offer but not alien and though NBC has backed up this show for 2 seasons I think it just needs to do more. here are some articles and websites that are trying to save Community if you care to take a look and please do.
1. Sign a petition to save the show http://www.save-community.com/
2. A very heart warminmg letter to NBC http://www.aoltv.com/2011/11/15/community-save-greendale-letter-to-nbc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
3. a photo petiton to save Community http://welovecommunity.tumblr.com/
4. Sign a petition to save the show http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sixseasonsandamovie/
5. Email NBC to let the network know what you think http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/
I will leave with this, if you make a little effort to save this show you’ll make a lot of people very happy so please help as much as possible to get this show back on the air.
A Community fan who just wants her show back
Though Whitney doesn’t fit with the Thursday night line up and does not by any means match the comedic brilliance of Community, Parks and recreation and The office I have to admit, I am starting to like Whitney. The story and jokes are repeated and what’s bringing me back is the fact that I can’t deny it’s funny and I especially have to recognize the comedic excellence of Chris D’Elia who delivers every week. I am not denying that Whitney Cummings is funny, for me she is even adorable but she can be a little much sometimes and her material is all there for someone who is familiar of her stand up which can be a little boring because her jokes are about novelty as to say if you hear the joke again it will not be as funny. The comedy is about relationships, I know that, but what frustrates me is that there is no investment in supporting characters, they are commentators and audience, their life revolves around Whitney and Alex and seem to have very little going on in their lives.I don’t believe in unnecessary characters on any TV show because there are no unnecessary human beings and in comedy I prefer ensemble cast comedy than others. The story is the same every week though and I am not hating it but i see myself getting bored later, this week Whitney discovers that there are things about Alex that she did not know before; for example: Racket ball. she sets on playing racket ball with him so they can have shared hobbies together and ends up sucking at it then challenging him to a basketball game and beating him. the story is pretty safe as all Whitney’s stories, there is no way it will not be funny but it is not that great.It does not insult the viewers intelligence though, it know what it is and it’s very clear on its identity, so some people will hate it and others will love it but no one will be confused to what it is exactly.
Well as a resident of Jordan I grew up watching reruns of old shows old movies, it took me a while to catch up with the rest of the world and realize that what I am watching is not being aired on networks anymore.
On to the bad news: Jordan imposed new customs fee on movies imported from major Hollywood studios over the summer that resulted in having no new movies in Jordanian theaters, and as people where left to wonder how this catastrophe will be resolved the summer went by and new movies were back. Now Prime cinemas in Amman announce that NO NEW MOVIES WILL BE PLAYED IN AMMAN THEATERS.
the announcement comes in red on the website as follows” Jordanian customs have enforced new and confusing regulations for importing films to Jordan, those new regulations make it IMPOSSIBLE for major Hollywood studios and film producers to send films to Jordan” it continues to state that “no new movies are currently playing in Jordan and now new films will play if Jordan customs continue with those regulations” Movie theaters will close on October 25th 2011 whether it is a gesture of support,indignation or a money saving tactic is undisclosed .This deprives custors of enjoying one of the FEW pass times that exists in Jordan, a small country with modest means. Goodbye over priced candy bars, goodbye caramel pop corn and the stomachache that follows, goodbye flat soda, goodbye anonymous annoying guy who always laughs too loud and too much, and goodbye annoying teenager who has to ask her friends what’s going on now…may you all rest in peace.
This is frustrating news and probably one side of the story but it does not deny the fact that GUYS we do not have new movies…Alas! bit torrents here we come and electronic stores load up on the home theaters. Hope it will be resolved soon but who will cave first?Follow @lonestarjrs
We are all lonely one way or another, but some people are alone and lonely, we love them and we feel sorry for them, here are a few names compiled by me and my sister
1. Chuck Bass Gossip Girl : even though Chuck is the proudest, meanest man alive he lives for one thing only…Blair. Now Blair is with the prince and Bass is back to his season one loneliness and it kills him because now he knows what is missing. I feel sorry for him, he has no family and no one that really cares for him, and even when they try he only manages to push them away.
2. Matt Donovan The Vampire Diaries: If Matt turns into a psychotic killer I don’t blame him. He is abandoned by his mother,his sister was killed and she is haunting him,his girlfriend turned out to be a vampire and now is dating his best friend and a sacrifice needed both his palms to be cut into…I feel sorrow whenever I see Matt, for two season he’s been out of the loop, poor Matt.
3. Ben Wyatt Parks And Recreation: After ending his relationship with Lesley, Ben is in a new town with no reason to stay. Eating lunch alone must be one of the saddest scenes…at lunch time. I hope he wont be alone for long.
4. Ted Mosby How I Met Your Mother: Now Ted has an amazing group of friends but recently he is the only single one, what makes him lonely is how much he needs to fall in love, he is like the rest of the single people who go home to an empty bed and every date carries the promise of a future.
5.Raj The Big Bang Theory: Raj is what you call “pathetically lonely”, he is unable to talk to girl unless drunk and never had a steady girlfriend. his attraction to Bernadette went nowhere.
6. Alex Karev Grey’s Anatomy : In my mind Alex will never get over Izzy, and even his once complex character became unnecessarily mean , he is still one of the loneliest people on Grey’s anatomy, he has never seen a happy day or ever had someone who cares for him and him alone.
7. Pierce Hawthorne Community: Pierce had one person in his life that really loved him..his mom and she died. Pierce is always alone with no one to relate to and even though he is surrounded by his study group members Pierce remains a lonely old man.
There you have it those are the people I could think of, if there are more feel free to suggest in the comments section 🙂
Community cast as viewed by Cartoonist Chris Schweizer
As reported on Tumblr, the synopsis of the 5th episode Of Community, the long promised Halloween episode “Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps” directed by Tristram Shapeero and it looks interesting .Here it is:
When Britta (Gillian Jacobs) runs anonymous personality tests on everyone for a psychology class, one of the test results seems to indicate that someone in the group is deeply disturbed. At the group’s Halloween pre-party, she enlists Jeff (Joel McHale) to help draw out the potential sociopath and the two of them lure everyone into telling their favorite horror stories.
I can’t wait, “this is the year we all die” who do you think the potential ax murderer is ? take this poll just for fun
the episode air 8/7c on NBC October 27th… be there!
I am so exited for this news so I am typing as I dance….
Spoilers have been all over the internet left and right for returning fall shows and one of the them is my favorite Community. We so far know that Chang will be a security guard, Abed and Troy are getting an apartment together, Annie is getting an Annie-look-alike rival, John Goodman is coming as the dean’s worst nightmare,Michael. k . Williams will be the new biology teacher who will terrify Jeff, Pierce will get back togther with the group and Jeff and Troy will butt heads for the title of alpha male which will take its toll on Jeff .
What’s new ?
As Community cast and crew are up to the 5th episode. A recent interview with Community’s Joel McHale comes to shed new light. Joel McHale tells Entertainment Weekly after being asked who’s the next romantic interest for Jeff Winger “It’s going back to Annie,that said because Britta and Jeff have had secret sex for a year, it’s not as simple as you think.It’s so funny to get people’s reactions.It’s always like “OH,they’re so cute together” or “He’s a pedophile” “
does that mean that season 3 will finally be the season Annie and Jeff hook up for real? If it is I hope they make Jeff work for it a little, and knowing Jeff he’ll break her heart or maybe not. I am insanely excited for what’s to come.
As always I reserve the right to read into anything I want, reality sucks sometimes. But what do you think let’s put it to a vote assuming that this season is ” The Annie of it all ”
Sept 3rd: Just read a TVline scoop that came later than mine “ehem ehem!” and it confirms that season 3 will definitely see more of Jeff/Annie romance but whether it’s a hook up or a relationship is unknown. There are speculations made by Alison Brie who plays Annie that the two might have hooked up over the summer, maybe the timeline episode will travel back to how exactly they came to be an item. Joel Mchale reassures that it will not be a normal “will they ? won’t they?” deal but it will also be taken seriously and portrayed carefully. My heart just skipped a beat .Follow @lonestarjrs
Well summer is over and the time is here, a time for magic and Community. The NBC hit, yes I say hit and I mean hit, is due to premier in it’s glorious season 3 on September 22nd Thursday night. I will be glued to my screen all day just waiting.
New promos have arrived to ease our pain but for me it makes the wait more painfull because now I know what I am missing. Looks like from the start the show is going big: for some reason Abed is catatonic and needs lip balm applied by Annie, Jeff is sitting alone and depressed then is attacked by a pile of dust carrying an ax. Chang is wearing a robe in collage for some reason and Shirley is living a “Dream Girls” fantasy. At soem point the study group assures in song that this year is abut having fun and trying to be less weird, well they manage to be more weird. Looks like Community fans are in for a doozy “BRING IT!”
Below are the links for both promos to make your life easier because if you read this you watch Community and you deserve to have things to be made for you because you are awesome, great and noble and that is my objective opinion.
Before I deliver what the title promised let me just state how ridiculous and unbelievably moronic it is that Community did not get a single Emmy nomination and as I was ranting on twitter a calming message came to me from Danny Pudi calming me down and showing me that a “trophy’ is not what the show is about . I am as many Community fans was pissed but I am over it.
As season 3 of the NBC hit Community is set to primer September 22nd spoilers are surfacing and I’ve been cyber stalking the writers and the series creator Dan Harmon for clues so here’s what I know so far :
1. the study group will take biology together and this choice of class was not random, as Harmon explains in his interview to the Hollywood Reporter the first season was about the group communicating hence the class Spanish as in learning how to talk to strangers. The second season was Anthropology,the study of man, where the group learns to understand and love each other as human beings. For season 3 now that the study group is a family they will tackle the rawness and reality of life which is why having The Wire‘s Michael K. Williams as their biology professor ( who is set to star in 3 episodes so far) is a stroke of genius. Michael K. Williams’s character is described as “a very intense person” who obviously will bring reality check to the group …I’m thinking especially for idealistic Annie,vain Jeff and a pretentious Britta.
2. Dan promises that as in every four chapter story this will be a dark chapter in the lives of the study group . This will be the chapter the group grows and develops the most. My guess is that this season will be more grounded and heart-felt than the previous one. Season 2 was about experimentation and season 3 will be about understanding what those experiences mean. I think season 3 where the group’s life long questions of who they are in the world and the meaning of their lives will be put to the test growing into a stronger group that we can see hanging out together beyond season 4 (Graduation season).
3. Jeff will suffer the most in season 3, his nonchalant cool attitude will be put to the test. Jeff Winger who unwillingly fell in love with his study group will be hassled the most as Dan Harmon describes it.
4. After taking City Collage down Dean Pelton ,played by series regular Jim Rash, have a new nemesis. Played by John Goodman as the never before seen Vice Dean of Greendale’s school of air conditioning repair which as it appears the only pride of Greendale aside from their flamboyant basketball team.
5. As promised Ben Chang Ken Jong’s character will have more authority in season 3 to better employ his comedic talent. Chang will be Greendale’s security guard so expect him to be everywhere and in everybody’s face. Of course expect security on campus to be very low when Chang is in charge so the “ass-crack bandit’ has nothing to fear .
6. Special episodes so far : A Hollween special episode (maybe a haunted house episode?!) and another episode with multiple time lines. (Jeff and Annie in bed with Abed in the middle, how they got there ? the group passed out in the desert? …. till that episode comes we are allowed to dream people!)
7. Pierce is not leaving the group, all of this will be resolved quickly and season 3 will redeem Pierce to the group and show us why we should hang out with him.
8. Expect to see the group’s adventures take them more and more off campus.
9. Gut feeling : we will be getting to know the study group’s family. maybe Jeff’s dad and hopefully mom, Annie’s estranged parents, Britta’s rich over bearing father and Troy’s racist dad.
That’s all folks a result of article reading and cyber stalking you’ll find it all scattered all over the web but here it is all neat and ready for you to read ….Enjoy and remember Community season 2 DVD out September 6th.