This post has no spoilers because I avoided spoilers this week to make tonight more special, I am clueless to the premise and all I know that christmas,singing and Taran Kallim are involved. being a spoiler virgin in this world is not easy specially to an spoiler addict, between the temptations of NBC’s recklessly too revealing spoiler videos (so I am told) and people going crazy on Tumblr I felt all alone and I managed to survive.
This week 8/7c on NBC is the last Community episode of 2011 to be replaced by 30 Rock mid-season and the show is promised to be back “sometime” in the spring . but fear not the show is still being written and filmed, according to @danharmon’s twitter account they are up to writing 315 and NBC has to air all 22 episodes….whenever that time is I will be there.
Community has a great history when it comes to Christmas episodes,”Comparative Religion” and “Abed’s Uncontrollable Christmas“ are absolute masterpieces so if anything in my cloud of ignorance I know for a fact the episode will be brilliant. The cast will sing original songs that are bound to be hilarious and catchy because again history shows how important music is to a show like Community.
To maintain honesty i haven’t ead this I had to copy it blindly from EW because I am as I said trying to avoid spoilers :
When Greendale’s glee club is shut down for copyright infringement before their holiday show, the study group is targeted as their replacement, one by one succumbing to the finger-snapping spirit that spreads like some irony-obliterating virus. The original songs are downright hilarious — especially Alison Brie’s breathy-sexpot baby-talking jingle — and there are some choice broadsides at the Fox series, like jokes about the blatant MacGuffinism of regionals and Jeff’s observation that ”not liking glee club doesn’t make us bullies, and implying that is reverse bullying.
what I can guarantee is some great fun and amazing costumes I don’t know beyond that. Though I don’t celebrate the holiday I’ve always had an appreciation for the magic of the occasion, My Christmas wish is that this episode explodes in ratings to show how much love and support people have for this masterpiece of a show. REMEMBER :8/7c tonight on NBC
I CAN”T WAIT FOR “Regional Holiday Music” Community’s we’ll be back soon sign off.
take the poll and yes the lack of options is intentional
This week community won 3 covers of TV guide after the fans chose them and this news couldn’t have come in a more befitting timing as on the day of the news at the time the cast members learned that their show is being benched and as they are trying to put on a brave face the jokes and smiles said it all about the broken hearted cast.
It may have seemed like it lately but this not an exclusively Community blog, it just took a while to take in the news because the only show that made me feel as attached as Community does is Friday Night Lights and yes I am starting to think it is me as all shows that i love and feel strongly about seem to be doomed one way or another …(maybe I should go back to watching Glee that show needs to be killed). I will post other stuff I swear
Tonight’s all new Community on NBC 7/8c is promised to be a joy ride and if you have your doubts
you’re dead to me then the followings facts i learned though I am trying my best to avoid spoilers
1. Nick Kroll is going to be Jeff’s German opponent
2. there is a Foosball match
3. Batman Abed makes a come back
4. Yvette Nichole Brown gets some serious screen time
5. Shirley and Jeff bonding time
6. the setting of The Dean and Jeff’s date AKA the mexican restaurant from the mall makes a come back
7. One more episode and then it’s off to God knows when
8.Annie gets caught in a lie
9. we get to see TroBed’s apartment again 🙂 or is it now TroAnBed?!
10. The Big bang Theory and every other show at 7/8c is a rerun so don’t even bother
11. Joel McHale looks seriously hot in this episode.
12. It is Community….why wouldn’t you watch….seriously
This episode couldn’t have come at a better time when all the fans are freaking out about NBC rescheduling of Community.This week’s episode reminds us of why we love Community so much, because it is special and we feel special for watching as if we are all a part of a secret club or as Jeff says in the pilot ” you’ve just stopped being a study group(audience) you’ve become something unstoppable, I hereby pronounce you a Community ” and that is what we the fans are…A Community
This week we got to see all our Greendale favorites back fat Neil,magnitude,Leonard and others.Abed’s camera captures all the story on film and what better person to have an insight than Abed. The episode opens with a dusty commercial from the early 90s that includes Chuck’s Ryan McPartlin and the dean was asked to update and he employs the help of the study group including a reluctant Jeff who’s blackmailed to agree with what I don’t know because it seems like it is something that the study group knows about.
Abed’s tagging (i don’t know what it’s called when someone’s name is written under their footage in a documentary) Pierce Hawthorne: Local Curmudgeon,Troy Barns:Best Friend,Jeff Winger : Former Lawyer,Britta: Anarchist Cat Owner (she will love that), Luis Guzman:president of the ceramics club 1993 ,Leonard: Up and Comer,Shirley Bennett :Moral Compass, Annie Edison: script supervisor( Abed never messes with Annie does he?!) Ben Chang: self proclaimed under-study .
Annie is the script supervisor and as she is describing her job to Abed’s camera please notice the writing on the board behind her where allscheduling is happening in UPPER CASE , this was a detail i loved then again Community is in the details. Jeff is Dean Pelton and to he tries his best to sabotage the commercial by giving a hilarious impression of Dean Pelton while dressed in a bald cap in front of the Luis Guzman statue (how the mainstream audience don’t eat this up is beyond me!) . Troy and Britta are playing diverse students in Greendale and let me stop here and note though I had my doubts in the begining I am loving those Troy and Britta’s awkward crush on each other, who would’ve though you’ll find Britta in the midst of something cute .Pierce is fighting with well..himself as he demands the start treatment…is this a portrayal of what working with Chevy Chase is like?
Jeff’s impression in front of the Luis Guzman statue and his call to his lawyers warning them of the illegal use of Luis Guzman’s image backfires as Guzman calls the dean to appear in his commercial…things go downhill from there.the dean decides to rewrite the script and as Abed points out the dean’s perfectionism is what will cause his downfall.As time passes the commercial deviates from its purpose and becomes and experimental art movie that has no point and the actors are placed in a psychological terror as they try to comply with the deans demands. the setting of shooting in the school made me feels as if we are backstage on the Community set as the creator Dan Harmon strives for the best and driving himself and everyone else insane( especially if he’s working on a themed episode), the scripts keep changing while shooting and the suits keep calling because they are behind schedule and over budget, but the difference here is that the dean comes up with idiocy but Abed the true filmmaker is the one that strikes gold .The Dean’s insanity is coddled by Annie’s strive to be a teacher’s pet, she defends him aggressively and refuses to acknowledge his insanity, loved the scene where he hands her an orange and says “scene four”.
Jeff on the other hand is caught in this insane spiral with everybody else as he is now Dean Pelton, he’s a method actor now and is in his heart a bald man with bald friends “Lights…camera..DEAN” . Jeff’s psychological state is more fragile than ever, he and Annie share that, they are always the fastest ones to snap and crack under pressure of the trivial but when the going gets tough, they are there to take charge. The one who ends the madness though is Britta as she puts a stop to the commercial and demands that the Dean let them go in a great setting of smoke that reminded me of season one The Vampire Diaries…making things intense,.The Dean is left with only his thoughts and Abed’s camera.
Luis Guzman shows up to post-apocalyptic Greendale (boy that show really likes to trash the school) , we haven’t seen the outside campus of Greendale for a while,it is good to remember that there is sun out there.Luis Guzman soon recognizes what’s wrong with the Dean’s vision; the Dean thinks he’s too good for a school full of nitwits and not so many students and he’s ashamed of it. because when you have something special that is rare and precious like a great school or a genre-bending TV show with an amazing cast and crew you should recognize that it is miracle to have that all in one place and you should appreciate it instead of trying to change it appreciate it foe what it is. Luis Guzman says to Dean pelton “This is a special school, you don’t deserve to be here” and as he says that a flyer behind him reads “THE SAFE WAY IS THE BEST WAY” I love that about community and it’s amazing art department. NBC chose the safe way and embraced it’s fear of staying number 4, it thinks it is too good for a low rated show …..Alas
As sad music plays the study group watches a montage of a naked Dean Pelton (Notice the Jeff Winger underwear from the pool table episode in season one),the Dean is covered in the ash of his burnt university degree, Abed points out that story telling is the filmmaker’s choice and sometimes happiness can be found in sadness. On that note the study group horrified by the above mentioned montage decide to embrace dean Pelton and surprisingly Jeff is the one who invites him in as my favorite music from the show plays, I call when Jeff kissed Annie music because I don’t know if it has a name, I was told by a fellow community fan that it is called “Greendale is where I belong” love that music.
This episode was all heart, a kiss from the cast and crew of Community to their fans and a showcase of Jim Rash’s talents, thank you Megan Ganz ( the episode’s writer) for always delivering the best and for loving Community as much as we do. When this episode was written I am not sure how much the writers knew about the rescheduling and I might be reading too much into thing but hey it’s my blog… But seriously how can so much heart and dedication be overlooked? a special nod to the brilliant Joe Russo who directed the episode…my hero
Community is where I belong….
in the midst of all the community rescheduling madness let’s put all the frustration aside and take the time to rejoice in tonight’s all new Community 7/8c on NBC. In this episode entitled “Documentary Filmmaking :Redux” Dean Pelton directs everyonr in a commercial fopr Greendale and the power from being behind the camera goes to his head: When the school board asks Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) to make a new commercial for the school, he enlists the study group to star in his production. As he gets swept away with the project, more of the student body is pulled into the fray, including Magnitude (Luke Youngblood), Fat Neil (Charley Koontz), Garrett (Erik Charles Nielsen), Leonard (Richard Erdman), Star-Burns (Dino Stamatopoulos) and even Greendale alum and genuine celebrity, Luis Guzman (“How to Make it in America”). Meanwhile, Abed (Danny Pudi) films all the activities for a documentary. If I had done my homework right it is possible that in this episode Annie and Jeff pick up on the Troy/Britta chemistry and they do not like it one bit.How does dean Pelton blackmail the study group into participating? the cast is teasing that this episode will be Jim Rash’s (Dean Pelton) Emmy submission. tune in and remember to watch it live , DVR it or buy it on itunes, itunes sales helps shows to stay on the air
#six seasons and a movie
below is a link to Jim Rash’s interview with TVLine regarding this episode and last week’s “Kiss From A Rose’ duet with Joel Mchale if you missed that video please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DTtMA5xbYs
Here are some pictures from the episode to get you super psyched:
guys look again that is Joel McHale
look who it is !
THIS is giving me a headache.
I thought of posting the minute I heard the news but I couldn’t. NBC’s decision to bench Community and not include it in it’s mid season was tragic.It is in its core a business decision, Community does not have the ratings the network needs but that does not mean people are not watching Community. Community’s audience is mainly young viewers who watch it on Hulu,Netflix and itunes which are not included when the nelson ratings are calculated. Nothing has been set in stone yet NBC did not release a return date for Community but it is probably coming back in the spring maybe sometime in March which for me is an unbearable amount time to wait. The internet is going crazy with this new and if it has any indication it indicates how many fans Community has and even though I am reading those fans (including me) are being called annoying for loving the show TOO MUCH. well, there isn’t too much of love let me tell you that but the fans are so dedicated to the show for a reason, the show takes you into its private world, it is hard to watch Community and not get addicted and attached because of how much attention the show pays to both the joke and the story. this is a show that has a lot of heart, it feels like those people are your family in a world of your own creation. I did not like Community when I first watched it because I did not know any of the actors other than Alison Brie and of course Chevy Chase and i did not finish the pilot because I was watching it while i was attending to a family commitment and escaped to my bedroom to watch it, but a while later I got back to it and watched the first season with appetite,then went back and re watched it. to this day i watch an episode of Community daily and every time I enjoy it more.
there must be people who are O.K about Community, you might not be as crazy as I am about it but is it possible you will allow it fade into TV oblivion? Community is not the type of show the coddles the audience and spells every single details for them, it respects its audience intelligence and even if you are not a TV nerd and you don’t understand some refrences that are made you will still laugh ate the joke because it works on both levels. The cast and crew are committed into making this show their pride work and when watching it you feel that energy and love that the cast and crew has for it’s own show.
I’ve been reading some terrifying and reassuring predictions on the internet, some think show will air it’s 22 episodes then go under, other predict that the show will be dropped by NBC and be picked up by another network or even it’ll go on cable. Some are reassuring themselves with the theory that NBC is benching Community to give Whitney a chance and if it tanks Community will be aired on Wednesdays in a more friendly time slot (it airs 8 pm on a Thursday and competes with The Big Bang Theory,the X Factor and The Vampire Diaries) which is a theory I am good with because Community needs to get away from The Big Bang Theory.
I really hope this is not the beginning of the end for Community because it does not deserve it, it is different from what TV has to offer but not alien and though NBC has backed up this show for 2 seasons I think it just needs to do more. here are some articles and websites that are trying to save Community if you care to take a look and please do.
1. Sign a petition to save the show http://www.save-community.com/
2. A very heart warminmg letter to NBC http://www.aoltv.com/2011/11/15/community-save-greendale-letter-to-nbc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
3. a photo petiton to save Community http://welovecommunity.tumblr.com/
4. Sign a petition to save the show http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sixseasonsandamovie/
5. Email NBC to let the network know what you think http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/
I will leave with this, if you make a little effort to save this show you’ll make a lot of people very happy so please help as much as possible to get this show back on the air.
A Community fan who just wants her show back
Two episodes back to back of How I Met Your Mother is every fan’s dream and it delivered on every level, Marshall slimmer and better trying to drink for two and Lilly trying to hide her pregnancy was both sweet and funny. Ted is looking back at the worst wedding he worst ever been to with groom Barney in the future , Barney has cold feet and we wonder if the bride is Nora or Robin… when at the end of the episode we have what I would like to see as hint Lilly comes in and tells Ted the bride wants to see him and why would Nora want to see Ted UNLESS Ted is actually the bride Robin’s best man. YAY!
Drunk Marshall and weepy self-pitying Ted take center stage in the episode while Lilly and Robin discuss chemistry especially the chemistry between Robin and Barney. The night is concluded with a group hug and Lilly announcing she is pregnant.
Best scene: the montage of Ted’s toasts ending with a remix, Josh Radnor never gets enough credit.
We are now witnessing the aftermath of the drinking binge of Marshall who has a chance to work with no other than Garrison Cootes played by Martin Short which leads to Marshall Googling himself and discovering a streaking video that could cost him his impending job offer. He didn’t need to go to all this trouble I would’ve told him environmentalists love nudity have you ever seen PETA add ?!
Ted is dating two women and after pros,cons and colored charts he decided to take a lesson in Barney’s book who is trying to get Nora to date him after a startling confession of what lies he used on women (I’d buy that book). Ted wants to feel madly and helplessly in love so he blows off the meh women he was dating and he takes Robin to see Lenny Kravits at the architects Galla only to her horror she discovers he is Leonard Kravits a very old architect. (we saw that one coming). What I did not see coming was the atrocious scene of Ted’s ex girlfriend Victoria(played by Ashley Williams) assorting cupcakes on a tray… Oh how I hated her, she was lame and unfunny. If her story line involves her getting sucked into a lawn mower then I am down with it.
Best scene: Pete Derkenson (sounds like a made up name) calls Barney after we’ve seen him sitting on the steps of his house, hands taped to beers drunk out of his mind, to tell him he’s taking off Marshall’s streaking video. Then he hangs up the phone to perform a surgery. Classic!
Before I deliver what the title promised let me just state how ridiculous and unbelievably moronic it is that Community did not get a single Emmy nomination and as I was ranting on twitter a calming message came to me from Danny Pudi calming me down and showing me that a “trophy’ is not what the show is about . I am as many Community fans was pissed but I am over it.
As season 3 of the NBC hit Community is set to primer September 22nd spoilers are surfacing and I’ve been cyber stalking the writers and the series creator Dan Harmon for clues so here’s what I know so far :
1. the study group will take biology together and this choice of class was not random, as Harmon explains in his interview to the Hollywood Reporter the first season was about the group communicating hence the class Spanish as in learning how to talk to strangers. The second season was Anthropology,the study of man, where the group learns to understand and love each other as human beings. For season 3 now that the study group is a family they will tackle the rawness and reality of life which is why having The Wire‘s Michael K. Williams as their biology professor ( who is set to star in 3 episodes so far) is a stroke of genius. Michael K. Williams’s character is described as “a very intense person” who obviously will bring reality check to the group …I’m thinking especially for idealistic Annie,vain Jeff and a pretentious Britta.
2. Dan promises that as in every four chapter story this will be a dark chapter in the lives of the study group . This will be the chapter the group grows and develops the most. My guess is that this season will be more grounded and heart-felt than the previous one. Season 2 was about experimentation and season 3 will be about understanding what those experiences mean. I think season 3 where the group’s life long questions of who they are in the world and the meaning of their lives will be put to the test growing into a stronger group that we can see hanging out together beyond season 4 (Graduation season).
3. Jeff will suffer the most in season 3, his nonchalant cool attitude will be put to the test. Jeff Winger who unwillingly fell in love with his study group will be hassled the most as Dan Harmon describes it.
4. After taking City Collage down Dean Pelton ,played by series regular Jim Rash, have a new nemesis. Played by John Goodman as the never before seen Vice Dean of Greendale’s school of air conditioning repair which as it appears the only pride of Greendale aside from their flamboyant basketball team.
5. As promised Ben Chang Ken Jong’s character will have more authority in season 3 to better employ his comedic talent. Chang will be Greendale’s security guard so expect him to be everywhere and in everybody’s face. Of course expect security on campus to be very low when Chang is in charge so the “ass-crack bandit’ has nothing to fear .
6. Special episodes so far : A Hollween special episode (maybe a haunted house episode?!) and another episode with multiple time lines. (Jeff and Annie in bed with Abed in the middle, how they got there ? the group passed out in the desert? …. till that episode comes we are allowed to dream people!)
7. Pierce is not leaving the group, all of this will be resolved quickly and season 3 will redeem Pierce to the group and show us why we should hang out with him.
8. Expect to see the group’s adventures take them more and more off campus.
9. Gut feeling : we will be getting to know the study group’s family. maybe Jeff’s dad and hopefully mom, Annie’s estranged parents, Britta’s rich over bearing father and Troy’s racist dad.
That’s all folks a result of article reading and cyber stalking you’ll find it all scattered all over the web but here it is all neat and ready for you to read ….Enjoy and remember Community season 2 DVD out September 6th.
Joel Mchale is a man of many trades he was doing a killer job as the host of the soup on the E! channel then added the role of Jeff Winger on NBC’s community to the list which is a role he was always meant to play, it suits him so wonderfully. He’s is a leader by nature whenever he has something to say i listen. he’s now taking the movie world by storm though I personally hope he never gives up on TV.
He should have been given a chance to host the Emmys this year he would have done a killer job and maybe brought spaghetti cat to co-host.If you not that familiar with his standup,movie career,tv career please familiarize he is a person you would want to know TRUST ME! he has got it all.
He’s not short on Charisma or charm but it does not stop there, he tops it with talent delivering the lines with great acting that brings the punchline home. TVline.com’s Megan Masters interviewed him here is a link to the interview…EnjoyFollow @lonestarjrs
According to TVline.com Two And A Half Men eighth season wont be competing for best comedy series for the Emmy awards 2011 due to much controversy off the screen caused by none other than Charlie Sheen. A move I respect.
this makes me think of all the shows that should bow out of the competition in the spirit artistic integrity and leave the floor for more worthy others.
1. Glee best comedy series category : because it will win, I will understand if it wins a GRAMMY but NOT an EMMY. This season has been lacking in every imaginable way. The producers should have some decency and pull the show out until they are able to do better.
2. Grey’s Anatomy best drama series: why? because it has had its time and now it is time to move on. In comparison to other shows Grey’s anatomy falls short in repeated storylines and unprofessional emotional turmoil. It probably wont get nominated but if it is it should respectfully decline.
As for shows that should be granted a spot in the running, there are many shows that have been ignored and others that are new and need a chance
1. The Killing best drama series and best new drama series: This show has proven solid in both story and cast, it has a strong presence and heart-wrenching reality to it, it’s a hell of a good story.
2. Justified best drama series: This show has got to be one of the best shows I discovered this year, it delivered two strong seasons and deserves an Emmy nod.
Other shows need a win and deserve it, they earned the right to be guaranteed a win this year .
1. Community best actor,best comedy series,best writing,best supporting actor,best cast: you may say I am bias and I am but also the show speaks for itself, this season has been fearless pushing the limits of comedy further and further.It deserves at least a win for the amazing cast and crew who pulled off a stellar season. It’s definitely my pick.
2. Parks and Recreation best comedy series : for three seasons this show excelled beyond expected. It deserves a win too, the writing and acting has delivered on every imaginable level.
The news of Glee‘s Jane Lynch possibly hosting the 2011 Emmy awards as they are set to air in September has been circling in the media. Now I have nothing against the Emmy-winning actress and I admire her talent, but I feel that there are a lot more suitable people in the TV world for the job.
Here are the nominees I think deserve it more :
1. Joel Mchale: the Community has experience as both an actor and host of The Soup on E!. Joel Mchale would be my 1st choice, he’s funny , very quick on his feet and merciless in his jokes . He is perfect for the job.
2. Amy Poehler: the Parks And Recreation star has proven that she is funny live and in a studio. Watching Glee win again needs some good old comedy to numb the pain.
3. Tina Fey : the 30 rock star is both a writer and an actress so she a bundle of comedy. What would be better is 2 and 3 combined.imagine those two together, they are always together and it works.
4. Justin Kirk: the Weeds actor is underrated. He needs more time in the lime light and Emmy hosting will give him just that. plus I think he’ll do a great job.
5. Sarah Silverman: She is a great comedian and it will be fun to have her fearless jokes make it up to the fearful Emmy stage.
Some other nominees must’ve escaped me so you are welcome to head to the comments section and add your own. Take the poll to decide who you like