It has been a while where we all missed The Vampire Diaries and if anyone noticed i was gone yes i was not blogging for a while because the news of a Community Hiatus hit me really hard i did not even review their Christmas episode because i just can’t. Thankfully The Vampire Diaries’ amazing episode helped me deal.
the show opens up with Bonnie and as a “not-so-big-a-fan-of-Bonnie” i rolled my eyes, i understand her necessity but I just do not like her at all…anyways the dream itself predicts that as always The Vampire Diaries is not running around in circles around a story line, they could have stalled the story of Michael for an entire season but they did not and now Klaus and Stephan are in a battle as the tables are turned and instead of Stephan trying to protects his family it is Klaus who is trying to protect his.
After everything that happened Elena is paranoid as she is taking her daily run because she is smart, she understands that Klaus will have her head for trying to kill him, you never really understand how scary someone is until we see other terrified of him, and the problem with Klaus is that he is a sociopath, he is not violent he is evil, even his absence of a reaction terrifies Elena . At the grill Damon is being Damon and the always underrated Alaric is looking for Jeremy who is hanging out with Tyler.Tyler’s connection with Klaus proved itself very alarming and i don’t have faith in Tyler because i feel that when the going gets tough Tyler will sell his friends out and I don’t mind that at all, it makes the story more interesting because lets face it Tyler has always been a jerk. Him trying to explain that connection to Alaric and Elena only made them more sure that he can potentially be an enemy, I just wished Elena asked Tyler “If Klaus asked you to kill me will you?” but I guess we will find out the answer to that soon .
Klaus is not playing and he knows exactly how to get what he wants starting with Jeremy,this was a big episode for Jeremy in a good way, i love the fact that Jeremy is not happy with the life he is living but sadly surrenders to it, and as he is standing compelled in front of a speeding car it hits me….he is a 16 year old orphan who lost his aunt and uncle very recently, he has been through hell. . I couldn’t help but shriek as the car hit Alaric, though i know he is in no danger of dying it still frightened me. regarding all angles of the situation Jeremy’s suggestion of leaving mystic falls was a smart one and the ominous sentence that felt as a foreshadowing “None of us are going to make it out of this town alive” , the only one that made the most sense to me in that room was Jeremy…i really liked him in this episode, he chopped a hybrid’s head off and saved Elena’s life. This new kick ass Jeremy made Elena sad and as a sister she wanted to save her brother so she asked Damon to compel him in a scene very reminiscent of season 1. it was a very heart breaking scene and Nina Dobrev (Elena) is one of the few actresses who breaks my heart simply by crying.
Elena’s encounter with Stephan was sad, she implored him to help her and give Klaus what he wants and he refuses. he is not heartless, Stephan is still a good guy and it would be idiotic to turn him into a villain, he is finally doing what needs to be done to take Klaus down, and though he did not accept to jeopardize his plan to save Elena’s brother he did everything he can to save his own. In that moment if you felt that Stephan doesn’t care about Elena anymore, well we are all wrong, he asked Damon to keep Elena out of his plan to take down Klaus…AWWWWWW
Damon talks to Stephan, it was fun to watch Damon try to get into the spooky house as the witches are trying to stop him. Damon and Stephan have a lot of resentment and love between them, i will venture and say that they are the greatest love story of the entire show. They fight as always and Damon lets Stephan have it and eventually they work it out and agree to work together to bring down Klaus.Little did they know Elena was back in the mansion giving a very dead Rebecca to a very pissed off Klaus. Though this might seem impulsive once again Elena proves that she does best when she is not listening to what she is told, she strikes a deal with Klaus to spare her brother in exchange of his sister. Elena very intelligently notes that Rebecca might not only come after her but after Klaus too, Rebecca know he killed their mother. Klaus decides to keep her dead in a very touching scene. Weird sibling love all around.
Finally the most anticipated scene in the episode, Damon and Elena on the porch where many special moments seem to happen on this show, Damon kisses Elena…it is that simple, he tells her that Stephan was trying to save him when he ruined their plan to kill Klaus and that he thought that Stephan being a traitor helped him over his guilt, Elena pleads with him not to go there and he doesn’t. Elena’s eyes are screaming “kiss me” and we are all yelling at the screen “kiss her” and he decides that if he wants to feel guilty he might as well feel guilty for something that is worth it, he goes back and kisses a very dumbfounded Elena….end scene
- Klaus is renovating a house :hope that means he is going to be in our lives for a long time.
- Klaus really hates Damon….serious hate
- Alaric’s ring did not work….what does that mean?!
- Elena’s face at the end scene looked pretty much like mine
- Jeremy cutting off a hybrid’s head with a meat cleaver was awesome…just awesome.
- When is Jeremy coming back? why did they send him away?
- I find the fact that the words “it’s everything you wanted it’s everything you don’t ” were in the lyrics as Damon and Elena kissed was hilarious and so…. so true
It is so good to have this show back in my life. Here’s the promo for next week’s episode “Our Town”
Well, Season 3 spoliers are here courtesy of tvfanatic.com and they come in a great time where my patience is running thin. I need my TVD fix and I want it NOW.
Big question answered “who will be Elena and Jeremy’s guardian now that aunt Jenna is dead?” Well, due to a small time jump Elena will be celebrating her 18 birthday and so can be a guardian for Jeremy. Another thing to make it worth the wait is this season will finally be the season where we will see A LOT of Elena and Damon together, according to producer Julie Plec Elena will be facing a big problem with her undeniable attraction to Damon while she is trying to find Stephan.
Stephan will be busy being a bad ass and apparently playing with an old acquaintance of him vampire Rebecca who is more than excited to see the “Ripper” back. On other news tyler and Caroline will be breaking new ground in their friendship as their families feud and the whole”matt is ok with Caroline being a vampire ” thing needs to play out.
I don’t know about you but it sounds like a hell of a season, but then again did The Vampire Diaries staff and crew ever disappoint us ? the answer is hell no!
I am so giddy right now I have to say it : yepee Delena 4 everFollow @lonestarjrs
There are couples that you see on TV and you Google the right to see if they are dating because the chemistry is too gripping . Most of these couples are not dating which means they are great actors because they had us fooled
1. Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder The Vampire Diaries : they both play roles of unspoken attraction, when ever they are around each other you feel electricity.there has been rumors about those two but the age difference might be an issue.UPDATE: they are dating as is obvious in this blog nina-dobrev-and-her-gorgeous-squeeze-ian-somerhalder-took-their-mums-out-for-a-walk-in-paris
2. Kyle Chandler and Connie Burton Friday Night Lights : they looked like a real couple, watching FNL I was totally convinced they are married.They have a genuine chemistry that you can’t fake.
3.Paul Wesley and Candice Accola The Vampire Diaries : those two are not a couple on or outside the show but as i see it the chemistry is unbelievable. I swear i was shocked to learn they are not dating. Am I the only one who sees it ?
4. Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey Grey’s anatomy: That scene in the pilot where Meredith and Derek are in the stairwell after realizing he’s her boss,they had it and it was magnetic.
5. Leighton Meester and Chase Crawford Gossip Girl: remember I am listing people on TV who have Chemistry not necessarily people I want to end up together. Though the Chuck and Blair chemistry is undeniable. The two actors listed have great chemistry, they look great together.
6. Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt Mad About You : do you remember that show, well those two had IT . They were a great duo.
7. Timothy Olyphant and Joelle Carter Justified : they just look so good together I don’t know what it is but they do, they both give off the same vibe.
8. Mary Louise Parker and Justin kirk Weeds : they have been the embodiment of team work on the screen. I can’t believe we wont see them again next year.
9. Mila Kunis and Danny Masterson That 70s Show .
10. Joel Mchale and Chevy Chase Community : O.K that last one is a filler but imagine if you will a world were those two are a couple 🙂
So here’s my list to keep you entertained in this cruel summer without our beloved TV shows. If you have a couple to add or any comments please head down to the comments section.
After watching the trailer to the upcoming CW fall series The Secret Circle(shown above) created by The Vampire Diaries creator Kevin Williamson ,I got terribly worried and here’s why: If the TV world has taught us anything it’s this when a creator of a well-beloved show ventures to work on another one, the original show suffers.
The Vampire Diaries has proved itself to be a strong contender, a masterpiece of story-telling. That being said it is going into a very critical stage, season3. For many shows season 3 is where stories starts falling apart, shows seem inconsistent and chaotic. Now with one of the creators focused on a new show that has the same setting ; small town with a rich history i’m guessing. The dark mood and lighting that The Vampire Diaries is famous for is there in the new show. the main character looks like what Elena would look like if they kept her blonde on the show.
the secret Circle talks about witches and supernatural happenings not vampires but still I worry as a Vampire Diaries fan. I wish the show will do well on its first season but I will not be happy if this affects The Vampire Diaries in any way. This freak out is a lesson learned from Grey’s anatomy and private practice, Grey’s wasn’t the same after Shonda Rhimes juggled both shows .
I’ve been rambling on and now if you agree with what I have to say or disagree don’t be shy.Go the comments section and let me have it.
Thursday, my favorite day of the week, has landed .Here is what you should be looking forward to.
NBC Thursday Night Comedy: The best talents in comedy all lined up together for your pleasure:
- Community Season 2 Finale : “For a Few Paintballs More” part 2 of the paintball saga and a sort of a “star wars” review, Greendale collage takes down a mystery enemy.
- The Office : “Dwight K. Schrute, (Acting) Manager” the title alone promises good fun and the misery of others in the office. Dwight brings the reign of hell as he becomes the temporary regional manager of the Scranton Branch.
- Parks and recreation: A delight of 2 episodes YAY! “The fight” Leslie offers Ann a Job at city hall and Ann is cavalier about the offers which ignites their first fight ever. “The Road Trip” Ben and Leslie take a road trip to Indianapolis and Leslie is worried she can’t fight her feelings for Ben anymore (please don’t fight) , Ron takes on an unsuspecting protégé to teach him about government.
- Vampire Diaries :”As I Lay Dying” #poorDamon has been trending on twitter for a reason Damon is dying .He is hallucinating (Delena kiss promised) and trying to die in dignity luckily Stephan is trying to save him. Who is to say what is going to happen the writers of the CW hit have made it clear that no one’s safe this season and the bodies keep piling up .
- The Big bang Theory:“The Engagement Reaction” Howard tells his mom he’s engaged and that news puts her in the hospital . Will we be fortunate enough to meet the screeching mom? I hope not. Sheldon hangs around in the germ infested hospital -that’s always a treat-
Dedicated to my amazing supporter Amani Rabah : you are awesome
It took me a while to write about last week’s The Vampire Diaries episode recap , I needed time for what happened to sink in. Without hesitation ” The Sun Also Rises” is the best episode of TVD to date. The death toll was shocking 4 were killed and only 2 broke my heart. I sobbed during this episode and as the episode finished i had to take time to breath and take in the intensity of this episode.
The darkness started with Caroline and Matt fighting off Tyler the wolf and i was like “Oh Holy ****” boy how little did i know. That ended with Tyler being shot and wounded which allowed Caroline and Matt to make a run for it. I understand that Caroline loves Matt I really do but I don’t understand why. After turning into this amazing vampire she is not Caroline anymore but in a way maybe Matt is her connection to innocence and humanity.
Later Tyler is found lying naked on the floor -that poor guy if that is not a lesson of humility I don’t know what is- and Caroline helps him by covering him up, she is such a great friend, she started the series as annoying and insecure then blossomed into awesome character. turning into a vampire was the best thing that ever happened to her, but Matt doesn’t think so he’s calling Tyler “that thing” and looks at Caroline like she’s a freak and I understand.
Now to the Sacrifice; If there is a creeper setting and a creepier guy than Klaus I haven’t seen it. I expected Klaus to be bad-ass like Elijah but he is really deviant and selfish more than anything else. Elijah is the one that really scares the crap out of me . I knew the sacrifice wont end well but i didn’t expect the sacrifice to work, i kept expecting something to go wrong but Jules got her heart ripped out quickly and swiftly – a moment i waited for so long to see, she was mean to Damon.
and then came Jenna , oh Sara Canning I am sorry i took you for granted. Sara Canning delivered this episode she was amazing. The heart to heart between her and Elena was touching and though it was ominous i really wished she’d make it for her,Elena’s, Alaric’s and Jeremy’s sake sadly i was mistaken. Stephan offered himself instead of Jenna and redeemed himself for the parade of wussy decisions he has made in the past few episodes.I didn’t envy Elena for the devastating heartache she needed to bear. How do you choose? what was she hoping for in that instant? Klaus refused because he has “plans” for Stephan, cue storyline for season 3 🙂
Standing surrounded by fire Elena witnessed her only guardian die as she is engulfed with tears Jenna says it’s O.K and i think it’s to soon for Jenna to be O.k with death but then she heads for Greta as she pieces the puzzle together and tries to take her out Klaus outsmarts her and stakes her in the back and Elena breaks my heart as she yells out “Jenna NO!” damn you Nina Dobrev and her cries are helpless Elena knows there is nothing she can do now -reaching for tissue-.As I am being broken to pieces with Elena she says “just turn it off, you wont be scared anymore” and I am in despair, damn you TVD writers .
Jenna dies as a vampire and it kills me that she died such an ugly death with no goodbye so cruel and sudden, again Sara Canning i will miss you. As Elena has the life sucked out of her she dies in front of Stephan 😦 and then Bonnie comes to the rescue i have never been happier to see Bonnie and boy was she strong. As Klaus is being thrown around Elijah is turns up and proceeds to finish the job as promised and then we discover Klaus kept the bodies of his family and can tell elijeh where to find them and Whoosh! he disappears with Klaus. Now we have a werewolf-vampire hybrid and a family of originals to deal with.
back at the creepy witchy house Damon carries Elena in and tenderly strokes her hair pleading that she wont be a vampire, say what you will but Damon is a passionate he really loves Elena the heat is undeniable. Alaric asks news of Jenna and Damon delivers it without words just a simple shake and i ask how can you say it ? a shake was good enough. Another woman disappears from Alaric’s life with no goodbye…I love Matt Davis, I just do.
Elena wakes up and John Gilbert loses his life force and hits the ground, no runs out to see him, cry for him or even carry him, David Anders i hope TV will realize your worth and will keep you around, great talent.
All wraps up in the funeral scene and as all is laid to rest Damon’s bite still stirs, he tells Stephan what’s going on and Stephan is at loss of what to do,And as Damon walks away looking massively dashing in his suit a little hello from the director Paul M. Sommers in the words “Paul Sommers rest in peace”.
I’ll leave you with next week’s promo. who will save Damon and what more can happen after this week’s stellar episode . “As I Lay Dying” we all thought it would be Elena but the capable writers proved us wrong. What will the world of Damon’s hallucination bring, why is Bonnie crying and bleeding. Will someone else die ?