Well, all drama shows have picked out the episodes for Emmy consideration and Grey’s Anatomy has the audacity to present an episode.Now before you freak out, because I have gotten in trouble before with Grey’s Anatomy forum regulars , let me explain my story with Grey’s Anatomy.
I was once a huge fan I watched the show and then discussed it with my girlfriends between lessons and on my lunch break. I was invested up to season 3 and then season 4 came and they started losing me bit by bit until one day I could not take it any more and I watched with total disappointment at a once great show that brought me to tears.
This season has not been bad but not impressive compared to the amazing seasons 1-3 but better than 4-6, but still not award worthy by a long shot. If it gets nominated for anything shame on the Emmys was Glee’s nomination last year not enough ridiculousness ?!
Anyways Grey’s Anatomy has been the kind of show where the acting is great but the writing is awful and inconsiderate. I really felt like the writers think of fans as idiots who eat up all the unnecessary drama,just because a mom is crying and a baby is dying does not mean it is a great storyline. There is even one point in season 4 where the characters kept repeating the same sentence twice before going on and on about some meaningless emotional breakthroughs does anyone remember that ?
Which bring me to this: Grey’s Anatomy producers chose “Song Beneath The Song” as their Emmy episode ,you remember the horrid one where everyone was singing after Callie gets into a car accident and her real self being taken to surgery while the ghost her is is sitting on the bed singing to herself to get up (no not a scene from Inception) … the one where they left us to wonder if Callie’s baby will make it all episode and then both were fine OOOOOH so scary . This episode should be hidden somewhere not paraded around in the Emmys , I mean I am all for metaphores but that episode just sounded like a song list so they can sell it on itunes. How would they like it if the Glee kids worked in a hospital It just looked silly ?! What are you going to throw at me? ratings well you have fans like myself who fell in love with the characters and can’t seem to quit watching and others who just wont admit that the show sucks but deep down they so sadly know it.
I mean My God what a pain of an episode it was painful to watch I did not even care if the baby made it …what a bad bad choice and if it is nominated well then hell did in fact freeze people.Follow @lonestarjrs
According to TVline.com Two And A Half Men eighth season wont be competing for best comedy series for the Emmy awards 2011 due to much controversy off the screen caused by none other than Charlie Sheen. A move I respect.
this makes me think of all the shows that should bow out of the competition in the spirit artistic integrity and leave the floor for more worthy others.
1. Glee best comedy series category : because it will win, I will understand if it wins a GRAMMY but NOT an EMMY. This season has been lacking in every imaginable way. The producers should have some decency and pull the show out until they are able to do better.
2. Grey’s Anatomy best drama series: why? because it has had its time and now it is time to move on. In comparison to other shows Grey’s anatomy falls short in repeated storylines and unprofessional emotional turmoil. It probably wont get nominated but if it is it should respectfully decline.
As for shows that should be granted a spot in the running, there are many shows that have been ignored and others that are new and need a chance
1. The Killing best drama series and best new drama series: This show has proven solid in both story and cast, it has a strong presence and heart-wrenching reality to it, it’s a hell of a good story.
2. Justified best drama series: This show has got to be one of the best shows I discovered this year, it delivered two strong seasons and deserves an Emmy nod.
Other shows need a win and deserve it, they earned the right to be guaranteed a win this year .
1. Community best actor,best comedy series,best writing,best supporting actor,best cast: you may say I am bias and I am but also the show speaks for itself, this season has been fearless pushing the limits of comedy further and further.It deserves at least a win for the amazing cast and crew who pulled off a stellar season. It’s definitely my pick.
2. Parks and Recreation best comedy series : for three seasons this show excelled beyond expected. It deserves a win too, the writing and acting has delivered on every imaginable level.
According to Deadline.com comedies picked their episodes for Emmys 2011 consideration, although this is propably public knowledge by now i take it as a chance to rave about Community one of the most underrated comedies out there and if you haven’t watched yet “shame on you”. It is rated 81 according to deadline with 2 million viewers and I have to ask what the hell is everybody else watching? Recognize brilliance people!
The episode picked is “Cooperative Calligraphy” or also known as “Bottle Episode” the 8th episode of season 2 brilliantly written by Megan Gnaz . The episode takes place in study room F when Annie’s (Alison Brie) purple pen is stolen and in a rage of PMS demands to know the thief and somehow the search ends with a speech about civil liberties and a strip search.This episode deserves an Emmy nod because it is one of the most brilliant episodes i have ever seen this year.
The episode considered the characters and how they would behave in a similar situation, the direction was good and attentive to details -if you look closely you can actually see the pen being stolen-, the writing was smart and engaging, not to mention hilarious. If in doubt just remember the words “I’ll make your ass sense”.
In my hours of watching TV this year there is no episode more deserving than this one. It is a masterpiece in episode making, regards to every single entity involved in making this episode. All Community fans outhere let’s help Community win this year.
To know what other comedies chose their episodes click on the link below