Thursday, my favorite day of the week, has landed .Here is what you should be looking forward to.
NBC Thursday Night Comedy: The best talents in comedy all lined up together for your pleasure:
- Community Season 2 Finale : “For a Few Paintballs More” part 2 of the paintball saga and a sort of a “star wars” review, Greendale collage takes down a mystery enemy.
- The Office : “Dwight K. Schrute, (Acting) Manager” the title alone promises good fun and the misery of others in the office. Dwight brings the reign of hell as he becomes the temporary regional manager of the Scranton Branch.
- Parks and recreation: A delight of 2 episodes YAY! “The fight” Leslie offers Ann a Job at city hall and Ann is cavalier about the offers which ignites their first fight ever. “The Road Trip” Ben and Leslie take a road trip to Indianapolis and Leslie is worried she can’t fight her feelings for Ben anymore (please don’t fight) , Ron takes on an unsuspecting protégé to teach him about government.
- Vampire Diaries :”As I Lay Dying” #poorDamon has been trending on twitter for a reason Damon is dying .He is hallucinating (Delena kiss promised) and trying to die in dignity luckily Stephan is trying to save him. Who is to say what is going to happen the writers of the CW hit have made it clear that no one’s safe this season and the bodies keep piling up .
- The Big bang Theory:“The Engagement Reaction” Howard tells his mom he’s engaged and that news puts her in the hospital . Will we be fortunate enough to meet the screeching mom? I hope not. Sheldon hangs around in the germ infested hospital -that’s always a treat-
Dedicated to my amazing supporter Amani Rabah : you are awesome
It took me a while to write about last week’s The Vampire Diaries episode recap , I needed time for what happened to sink in. Without hesitation ” The Sun Also Rises” is the best episode of TVD to date. The death toll was shocking 4 were killed and only 2 broke my heart. I sobbed during this episode and as the episode finished i had to take time to breath and take in the intensity of this episode.
The darkness started with Caroline and Matt fighting off Tyler the wolf and i was like “Oh Holy ****” boy how little did i know. That ended with Tyler being shot and wounded which allowed Caroline and Matt to make a run for it. I understand that Caroline loves Matt I really do but I don’t understand why. After turning into this amazing vampire she is not Caroline anymore but in a way maybe Matt is her connection to innocence and humanity.
Later Tyler is found lying naked on the floor -that poor guy if that is not a lesson of humility I don’t know what is- and Caroline helps him by covering him up, she is such a great friend, she started the series as annoying and insecure then blossomed into awesome character. turning into a vampire was the best thing that ever happened to her, but Matt doesn’t think so he’s calling Tyler “that thing” and looks at Caroline like she’s a freak and I understand.
Now to the Sacrifice; If there is a creeper setting and a creepier guy than Klaus I haven’t seen it. I expected Klaus to be bad-ass like Elijah but he is really deviant and selfish more than anything else. Elijah is the one that really scares the crap out of me . I knew the sacrifice wont end well but i didn’t expect the sacrifice to work, i kept expecting something to go wrong but Jules got her heart ripped out quickly and swiftly – a moment i waited for so long to see, she was mean to Damon.
and then came Jenna , oh Sara Canning I am sorry i took you for granted. Sara Canning delivered this episode she was amazing. The heart to heart between her and Elena was touching and though it was ominous i really wished she’d make it for her,Elena’s, Alaric’s and Jeremy’s sake sadly i was mistaken. Stephan offered himself instead of Jenna and redeemed himself for the parade of wussy decisions he has made in the past few episodes.I didn’t envy Elena for the devastating heartache she needed to bear. How do you choose? what was she hoping for in that instant? Klaus refused because he has “plans” for Stephan, cue storyline for season 3 🙂
Standing surrounded by fire Elena witnessed her only guardian die as she is engulfed with tears Jenna says it’s O.K and i think it’s to soon for Jenna to be O.k with death but then she heads for Greta as she pieces the puzzle together and tries to take her out Klaus outsmarts her and stakes her in the back and Elena breaks my heart as she yells out “Jenna NO!” damn you Nina Dobrev and her cries are helpless Elena knows there is nothing she can do now -reaching for tissue-.As I am being broken to pieces with Elena she says “just turn it off, you wont be scared anymore” and I am in despair, damn you TVD writers .
Jenna dies as a vampire and it kills me that she died such an ugly death with no goodbye so cruel and sudden, again Sara Canning i will miss you. As Elena has the life sucked out of her she dies in front of Stephan 😦 and then Bonnie comes to the rescue i have never been happier to see Bonnie and boy was she strong. As Klaus is being thrown around Elijah is turns up and proceeds to finish the job as promised and then we discover Klaus kept the bodies of his family and can tell elijeh where to find them and Whoosh! he disappears with Klaus. Now we have a werewolf-vampire hybrid and a family of originals to deal with.
back at the creepy witchy house Damon carries Elena in and tenderly strokes her hair pleading that she wont be a vampire, say what you will but Damon is a passionate he really loves Elena the heat is undeniable. Alaric asks news of Jenna and Damon delivers it without words just a simple shake and i ask how can you say it ? a shake was good enough. Another woman disappears from Alaric’s life with no goodbye…I love Matt Davis, I just do.
Elena wakes up and John Gilbert loses his life force and hits the ground, no runs out to see him, cry for him or even carry him, David Anders i hope TV will realize your worth and will keep you around, great talent.
All wraps up in the funeral scene and as all is laid to rest Damon’s bite still stirs, he tells Stephan what’s going on and Stephan is at loss of what to do,And as Damon walks away looking massively dashing in his suit a little hello from the director Paul M. Sommers in the words “Paul Sommers rest in peace”.
I’ll leave you with next week’s promo. who will save Damon and what more can happen after this week’s stellar episode . “As I Lay Dying” we all thought it would be Elena but the capable writers proved us wrong. What will the world of Damon’s hallucination bring, why is Bonnie crying and bleeding. Will someone else die ?